https://tendertracks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/logotype-ladybug-transparent2.png 0 0 Wendolyn https://tendertracks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/logotype-ladybug-transparent2.png Wendolyn2019-01-05 17:38:162019-01-05 17:38:16The Little One who was Befriended by a Redwood Tree
The Little One who was Befriended by a Redwood Tree
- Learning that trees have a language all their own.
- Learning that trees can be our friends, and can help us when we are sad.
This is a true story inspired by a three-year-old student I had in my Outdoor Preschool who was sad a LOT! I have seen this same thing happen many times since.
Recently, after telling this story to some three-and-a-half and four-year-old students, I thought each was going to find their own tree. When I turned around, all of them were hugging and snuggling up against a single tree. Since that time they have found trees wherever we are, and have gone to them when they feel the need. Hugging trees really works.
Playing with the story:
- Adults: Demonstrate for the children playfulness and love for the trees.
- Children: Find a tree in your yard and play with it. Look at it, smell it, touch it, listen to it. Bring it gifts.
- Take a nature walk and discover what trees you want to be around. Go and hug them.
- Have the children tell you a story about their favorite tree. Ask them how it got to be the way it is. Ask them its name and how it got that name. Write or record what the children tell you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!