Feb. 28, 2017
Waxing Crescent Moon
Kai and Jesse were absent today.
Archer’s mom joined us again for the morning.
The over all description of the day I would say was fun, easy, peaceful, happy, explorative and group cohesion.
When they got to Roy’s Michelle greeted us with her warmth and radiant smile and all were happy. They gathered their things and out they went to exactly where they know we go when we are here. HOWEVER, the ground was still wet where we usually have circle so we set up on a side that was dry. Isabella and Edie were the Circle Angels and helped clear our circle space for us to sit. They gathered small Redwood bows to mark the spot where the children sit and then they all came in with such grand peace, quiet and readiness. We sang our songs, gave gratitude to the directions, were thankful for our food and water and made ready for the story. This story was basically told on Thursday about how Trilly Trully and Trippy Troopy’s friends all took care of each other with their jobs only the animals were a little different and the story that Trippy Troopy shared was called Rabbits Wish. A funny story about how Rabbit got a small bushy tail, big back feet, short front legs and why there are puffy puffs on the Willow trees in Spring. There are many versions of this and you will most likely be able to find some in the Library under the book title Rabbits Wish.
After circle Jake and Edie needed some clothes changing so they went with Michelle. Kuba wanted to build a dam, Isabella and Ruby were playing happily around the creek and Archer was exploring a “house” at one of the hollowed out Redwood Trees. Kuba asked me to help him and then I asked him to invite Archer because Archer is not only good at this sort of thing but he really likes to be strong and helpful. Then Isabella and Ruby were invited then ALL of us, Archer’s mom too chipped in to build the bridge.
Kuba saw a LARGE log and wanted it moved over. So with a lot of umph, strength and team work we all got that LARGE log to change it’s awkward position and then they all went to work filling in the dam. They weren’t able to finish it by the time we were to go and find SUN! Kuba then said that he really was hoping we would come back on Thursday in order to finish the damn!!!
By this time though his hands were really ice cold from being in the water so off we went to the Sun. Kuba, Isabella, and Ruby had been to where we went but the other children discovered this new place we call Eagle Rock. Right off the trail and up the hill we found the great rock outcropping and there we set up our camp and settled in. From there and for the rest of the day peaceful explorations took place.
• Kuba found two lizards as well as Archers Mom and they all LOVED looking at them. Particularly Kuba!
• Edie found one of the teasel plants/hairbrush plants and brushed Michelle’s hair and later on mine
• Archer and Ruby wound up climbing straight up the side of the rock and then later on all of them did this wonderful feat. ( some pictures will be on our FB page)
• There were stories read, stories told, noticing that we did not see any birds and then we saw the lone Turkey Vulture
• Ruby and Isabella spied a beautiful big house way over on a high hill and it became their castle where they live. They called to their moms and played house with this in such a fun way. All of us were laughing with delight.
• They watched the lawn mower across the way making circles on the grass for the golf course
• Watched the clouds cover the Sun and then uncover the Sun.
When we got back to the bus they were delighted that we were able to draw pictures so we drew pictures of our day remembering all the animals we saw and then, oh yes, I did not mention, I brought out the magnifying glasses that Ruby calls Spy glasses. They all spent alot of time with those looking closely at so many things.
They asked me to draw them all with their spy glasses and I did.
This was a beautiful and peaceful day, sun shinny almost spring day.