Palo Alto Tender Tracks Tues. May 14, 2013
Waxing Crescent Moon
Miu will be gone for three weeks on holiday. We miss you Miu!!!
The rest were here and raring to go however, there was some “trouble in the village” first off yet it found it’s way through and off we went.
Highlights of the day:
• Finding more worms and lady bugs that all the children just loved holding and watching
• A “dilema” story that they were asked to help find an ending from their own point of view. Each one had a suggestion and then, the story found it’s end.
• Rolling down the big hill like worms
• Becoming Eagles, Unicorns, Deers, Elk, Mt. Lions, and Chittas racing down the hill and then racing back up again and then down again.
•Burying each other in the sand
• Evan and Emme pounding oyster shells in order to paint themselves white and become Polar Bears
• Many games in the sand
• Petting and studying a taxi dermed mole of mine and then, hearing a story about how baby moles, blind at birth, have to be taken down a long narrow path away from the others in order to poop and pee. True story!!
• Then, blind folded and one by one they became moles, held onto a rope that was made into a special course, and followed their way through obstacles to find their way to the end.
This was a delightful game! Kaden wanted to do it a couple of times a long with Emme, Giselle and Evan. Jill coaxed Taz in by letting him know that the Super Heroes and Ninjas all learned how to walk in the dark and many of their stealthy skills by learning from the Mole and other animal people. ( Another TRUE story!) and this was enough for him. When he got to the end and took off his blind fold, he was SOOOO delighted with him self and with great surprise and delight said ” I DID IT!”
Each one of them were amazed and in awe over this adventure.
On the way back we sang a new song, gave our gratitudes, Jill taught us all a really fun new song and then she read many stories from a book that Evan donated to Tender Tracks awhile ago. We all loved all of this.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!