After everyone is settled down to eat:
- Invite everyone to close their eyes
- Take a big whiff
- Ask, “What do you smell?”
- “Is there a smell that you like? One that you don’t?”
- Open eyes and look at what you liked and didn’t like.
This exact same thing can be done with
- …tasting the food…
- …smelling the food…
- …(if you dare) Touching the food…
- …and, a really fun one is LISTENING TO THE FOOD!!! 🙂
My hope is that your family will end up laughing about and with this fun game at the dinner table.
The body, in all ways, works so much better when we laugh. So, my hope is that you play, laugh and have fun with this simple game and that it brings about Summer Fun and Relaxation in MOMENTS!!
NOW, if you so choose, and if you have time, take this game outside, and use your senses of seeing, hearing, and touching.
- Go outside
- Choose a sense to play with
- Find something to touch/smell/ hear
- Close your eyes, do just that and then share with your family